Translate

Friday, June 15, 2012

Almost not, Lovely Wedding Dress

NICO Photograhers

I almost forgot to do this, but my husband reminded me that I had posted earlier about my beautiful dress, but yet never showed my actual wedding dress.

I was never the typical girl that is obsessed with marriage since they hit puberty. I didn't have a binder full of pictures of wedding gowns and wedding stuff. (I do now, lol).. I did know I wanted a different style and I thought I knew how I was going to get it custom made. Unfortunately part of that style was strapless, and like I said before EVERYONE does the strapless look, and I hate being like everyone.










I swear (and you can ask my maid of honor) that I never tried on a wedding gown. I was so disappointed with the styles out there, that I had no clue what I was going to do. I searched magazines, bridal shows and the Internet. I found this very highly talked about store, Pearls Place just outside New Orleans, that has name brand gowns at a discount price. I was ready for that drive and then I saw the design for my dress by Melina Cristina and I knew, it was my dress. Met with the designer whom was very nice and appeared very professional, beautiful office, and the few reviews were great, so I set up to get my dress made.


Nico Photographers

Unfortunately everything was not as perfect as it sounds. Towards the end, the designer turned out to be very unprofessional, not returning my calls, having her assistant email me with excuses, and late on our meetings. To make a nail biting long story short, I didn't get my wedding gown until the day before the wedding!! After I had praised the designer here, and by word of mouth, she let me down horribly. Thank GOD that the seamstress that actually made the dress was amazing and worked hard to have my dress ready. I didn't know that the designer is not the one who makes the dress, that anyone can draw a dress and call themselves a "designer". The person doing the work and their name is not recognized is the behind the scenes seamstress.



NICO Photographers


As much as I loved my dress, I talk about the bad experience that came with it because a Bride should never go through this. The week before the wedding I was promised the dress on 3 different dates, after them not coming through, I was about to go buy any white dress anywhere. The wedding gown is the most important and the first thing a woman looks for when planning her wedding. The biggest tip I can give a future bride, if you are planning on getting your wedding gown made, go with someone that is HIGHLY recommended to you by people you KNOW, or someone that doesn't just call themselves a "designer". If I were to do it all over again, I don't know if I would get it made, I may have gone with my original idea, and take that drive to New Orleans.

No comments: