Translate

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A Punta Cana Honeymoon


Love on the Beach

We had our beautiful wedding in March and due to different spring breaks all around (we didn't want to have our honeymoon with a bunch of children around) then also my own school schedule, so we decided to post pone our honeymoon until May. It was a short wait that felt eternal. I now understand why couples go on their honeymoons right away! After all the pressures of the engagement period, the wedding planning and then the wedding itself, all you want to do is go far away with your spouse.




So after searching and of course trying to get the best deal possible, we booked our honeymoon to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. We had great US time, warm sun, beautiful beach and much needed relaxation time, even with all the funky stuff. But then again we always have fun anywhere we are.

I loved Punta Cana's Beaches

We had a super long day of flying on our first day, (long story) and now all those things that happened on our trip are just really funny stories. That we will share later, maybe....As much as I, love the beach, (after you marry someone you learn that they lied to you about liking the beach as much as you do), I do enjoy seeing the country I’m in. I want to try the food and meet the locals, and of course take a million pictures.


Though it wasn't what we were promised of our first tour,(another long story) we still had a good time and got some amazing pictures. We got to meet a cool European couple, who got engaged in DR, we already want to go to their wedding! We all went on a Safari Tour that took us around to some of the less privileged areas in the Dominican Republic. We saw some of the many sugar fields, and they were bigger than us! We got to see how they roll cigars at a cigar factory. Although we didn't buy any since we are not smokers. Still it was interesting to see, though I don’t think the guy rolling cared for us all there….





Then we got to ride horses, my very first time and I didn’t really like it at all, maybe it’s the fact that I got a very sassy horse! He kept trying to bite the other horses.. Ughhh I won’t be getting on a horse any time soon.






I was a bit surprised that there were so many nationalities in DR. Very few Americans. We met people from Spain but one stands out my new silly friend who got me hooked on a song from Lola Flores "Sarandonga". Tell me this song doesn't make you want to get up and dance?!



After I pouted and batted my eyes my husband gave in to spending more beach time. He enjoyed it too because he got a beautiful tan, they kept asking if he was Portuguese or Italian.





We had another tour that started weird but ended great because we made some interesting friends. Its always fun making friends while on vacation… This was a tour to Saona Beach. It was so pretty, with a natural pool in the ocean, pretty beach…. But I was already sun burnt so my husband kept covering me up, gotta love him.


Leaving Saona Beach, Dominican Republic

We ventured all by ourselves to Santo Domingo's Zona Colonial (Colonial Zone), but I will talk about that in another post since there is so much to do but far from Punta Cana...All in all we loved our honeymoon, and most of all the time away from everything and everyone. Though I did miss my Mochito sooooo much, and my sister did a wonderful job taking care of him, even though he was so bad. He was acting up because he missed his momma.





No comments: