Translate

Friday, May 30, 2014

Texas Valentine's Day Romantic Getaway at Canyon of the Eagles

©Leslie Guzmán 
Drive to Canyon of The Eagles Resort, I love winding roads.
We have had such a hectic life since this year started. Then wonderful Hubby surprised me with a Valentines day Weekend getaway I almost left without packing a bag! I know I'm a tiny bit late to write about it, (3 months) but when I say hectic I mean crazy HECTIC.

We left early Friday morning, my gorgeous Betsy Johnson over night bag nice and full, it was a joke about not packing, of course I did pack. With our overly excited Mochito in hand because the place welcomes the pooches. We are travel addicts, any kind of traveling is OK by the Andersons. Hubby knew that I needed to get more inspiration for artwork, so he picked a gorgeous place that I could both relax and snap pictures at.

I have to say I relaxed and felt my stress leave my body, at least for a little bit. As soon as we came back to the regular life and schedule I wanted to run away back on vacation! Although I am not a nature girl, in fact I'm ALL city girl, I have to say I enjoyed the Canyon of the Eagles Resort.


©Leslie Guzmán

I'm pretty sure just with the pictures I have added on this post you can envision my relaxation. I wish I would have been able to see this place in its better days, before the drought and lack of the water of the lake. The place is wonderful, calm and a great place to get away but it makes you see the consequences of mother nature. Here is the perfect example of the many droughts Texas has suffered.



©Leslie Guzmán

Well I was successful at taking a ton of pictures and spending quality time with my Husband. I think this was the most nature images I captured. That is not the type of pictures I take for my art but you can't help but feel at one with nature out here. You like my hiking boots on the picture above? Yeah yeah I'm a city girl!


©Leslie Guzmán
Yes I loved the trails,
don't worry its not Maleficent's woods

Overall I would go back to the Canyon of the Eagles Resort. I might go right after they have a really stormy season to see the lake fuller. But even with their drought I would still visit them. This is a place to speak softly to your partner as you gaze at the stars, yes you can see stars there! Or not to speak at all as you watch a breathtaking sun set. Next time I will leave munchkin at home though. They do welcome our four legged friends but the only restaurant is indoors and of course they cant go and most of the dogs there are huge. Not so safe feeling for our small Mochito.


©Leslie Guzmán
Small tip, take plenty of snacks because there is a restaurant and the check in office sells a few items but not much. Its quite a drive to get to a store, even though its a pretty drive to the store its not close if you have a craving. Food at the restaurant was pretty good but not enough to make us go back the second night, you know the foodie husband of mine. If you want to have more privacy and a view of nature rather than the parking lot make sure you book with plenty of time and ask for a cabin further from the parking lot.


No comments: