Translate

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Good Bye 2014: End of Year Review



2014 went by extremely fast. I remember bringing in the year and now we are 1 day from bring in 2015!
I was adamant about being on top of my blogs. Yes, more than one, because I started an art blog too. I really really tried, insert a really sad face here. As much as I tried to juggle school, homework, work and life all together it was impossible to give my all. I was stretched too thin. 



It was the last year of my college career, let me rephrase that, undergraduate career. I'm still debating if I want to add another two years of school to get my graduate degree.(That's for another post) Being the last year before of obtaining my BFA degree meant really focusing my energy into my artwork for my Senior Art Exhibit at HBU. Which all my hard work paid off and my family, friends and local artists came to show me support. If you are curious of it you can see pictures of it on my FB page Leslie Guzman. This year brought other opportunities for me and my art. I was lucky enough to get into Rising Eyes of Texas and other local exhibits.







With the end of school getting near meant that my social life suffered too. I had really no time to spare so that meant giving up being active in my sorority, Phi Mu. I had been the Historian during my time but I couldn't do it by giving it my all anymore. But I have SO MANY pictures of our time together. I tried to support my lovely sisters but I was not always around as much as I wanted to. They came by to support me on my big day at my art show and I love them for it. I had the opportunity to 3D from an amazing sisterhood and just because I graduated doesn't mean they get rid of me!



Some of my HBU ΦM Sisters

I wanted to maintain active in the workforce and getting experience in the art world. I love my boss who I was lucky enough to meet on my study abroad trip to Italy last summer. My job is fun, I am a Social Media Manager for Mixed Emotions Fine Art & Frame, tell me that doesn't sound fun. It has been a great experience to build from the ground up a following on social media for a gallery. Not to mention that I have learned alot for myself as an artist. We shall see what 2015 brings in my career path...


Since I was sooo busy I was necia to have a great vacation this past summer. Well we can want something but that doesn't mean things will work out the way you want. First we tried planning a girls trip, because of everyone's schedule that did not happen. Then I tried planning a trip for hubby and I, but with him starting a new job this year he didn't want to go away for too long. Not to mention that we found our next home, so that meant starting the process of selling our current home. So my summer consisted of packing and moving things to storage. Oh the joy that was downsizing and packing. Said no one ever! So before I knew it summer was over and the Andersons had no vacation. Ok I lie, we did take a quick trip to New Orleans with friends. That was fun!









Then August was here, that meant the last semester and the countdown to graduation and my art show.
Time ticks so fast when you have something important approaching. It made me remember our wedding and that countdown. One day it was 100 days away and then it was THE day! Same thing happened to Graduation. I even had app to countdown for my big days. Tick tock BFA Art Show, tick tock Graduation Boom just like that, over. 







With graduation meant that my loved ones came from out of town. Creativity runs in the family because my sister is in California pursuing her artistic path, in her case it is performing, acting. The bestie moved to California a few years ago too. She is also a performing artist, a singer Victoria Negrete (go show her some love). They both took time off from their busy LA life and joined me on my big day, my graduation. 

Graduation, wow, it happened 2 weeks ago. I felt like I was in school forever, so it was 8 years but it still felt so long. It took me so long because I worked full time, so school was very part time when I started. One semester off due to time and money, then one semester yes another off. Until I was blessed enough to save enough and pay off all my debts and could afford to go full time. Not to mention that my hubby was very supportive and just continued to cheer me on. So long sappy story short  I FINISHED and I graduated with honors. 







Right after graduation it was moving time. The house was put on the market and 2 weeks later it was sold! Great and amazing blessing. The sucky part was the negotiations and the packing to move to an apartment since our next home is still being constructed. We had no idea the house would sell so fast. No one can imagine moving from a 2 story house to a 2 bedroom apartment! If you have experienced this then you understand our suffering. Storage is full, the 2nd bedroom is full, the entire apartment is FULL. But thankfully we only have a few months and then we can move to our new home. This meant moving during the holidays, so now we have to make up for it next year.






2015 means so much to me.
New adult life.
Starting my art career. (Follow it on Instagram)
New Home. (Follow it on our Instagram)
A much needed VACATION!

See you all next year...

No comments: