Translate

Friday, May 31, 2013

Almost time for the ARTIS Italy Trip

Image Credit
I know it has been a long time since I have jotted down my thoughts. I have a really good excuse. Life in our household has been utterly crazy. Trying to get our house ready to sell (many small home repairs), school and philanthropy sorority life it is all chaos. There seems to be time for nothing.








I put too much on my plate with school. I decided to change my major from Art Education to Studio Fine Arts. This meant that I had to make up classes that do not transfer. This all to stay on track and graduate soon. (Agggghhhh) It all turned out fine since I love my studio classes, however I had to work over time trying to balance school and married life. Thank goodness I have the best husband in the world, he is so understanding.



©L. Guzmán
With the very understanding husband

Long story short I am going to Italy to study art this summer. Florence Italy to be exact!! It is one of those things that I say with a huge smile on my face. I have spoken about my bucket list and I believe everyone should have one. Study abroad was something on my bucket list and was not sure I was going to be able to do it. Of course I wanted to do 6 months or even a year in either Italy or Spain but beggars cant be choosers. Excited is a small word to describe how I feel about my upcoming trip.


The trip is with my school and ARTIS. It is a wonderful itinerary we have for our stay in Italy. To be at the birthplace of Renaissance art and to see works from the masters that alone has me so inspired. My wonderful and very deserving husband is catching up with me when my summer course is finished. It would not be fair if I travel to Europe after a semester of neglecting him and he just stay in the states and work. So we decided to make it a second honeymoon (DR was not the best) and make it an adventure. We will get a little taste of Italy our own way. As soon as my course is over, we take off flying!


Image Credit

Now the only scary part is what to pack for so long. Everyone that has been to Italy makes certain comments about the "right" shoes. We have traveled plenty, been very adventurous and never worried about our footwear. Since I am also going to be making a lot of art I have to plan accordingly for my supplies. So for this trip I will not be the light packer I always pride myself doing so. I have a month until I leave, no packing has taken place only research. The quest for the perfect checklist has begun and if there isn't one I will make it... If you know of one let me know, or share the information for people searching for this exact thing. 

No comments: