Translate

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Back from Italy, Home Sweet Home


©L. Guzmán
View of Duomo from the Bell Tower
 Florence, Italy



BUONGIORNO everyone!

Finally I am back in my home, in my comfortable plushy bed and with my Mochito. Sure it is was a few days ago but I was suffering from a bit of jet lag. My study abroad trip to Italy was amazing and life changing yet, I missed home so much. No  matter how beautiful and exotic the country you are visiting is, home is home.








I spent the entire month of July learning about renaissance art and culture in beautiful Italy. I had the privileged of being part of group of students with the ARTIS, Art Research Tours and International Studios. David Renfrow the program director is so knowledgeable who better to learn art and history from. I did not just see the churches, museums and so many other places I actually learned the stories behind them. Sometimes David would share extra juicy stuff that other people would not tell their tour groups. 



Group shot with David Renfrow & students from HBU


Study abroad was something I always wanted to do and it was part of my bucket list. Sure I wanted to do it for six months or one year but I can say I do not want to do that anymore! Even one month was too much. Maybe if my husband and Mochito came with me I might reconsider but as of now I can check off study abroad on my list.


© L. Guzmán
Beautiful view from the Duomo Florence, Italy




Traveling in a group of very different personalities is a great adventure in itself. I was able to meet some interesting people that will help develop and influence my life as an artist. The great plus of this trip was bonding with some of my classmates that I knew only in passing at HBU. Living together and sharing experiences for three weeks will do that to some people. Overall it was a great once in a life time opportunity.


Study Abroad Roommates in Italy


Part of our school Italy itinerary was romantic Venice, charming Sienna, and San Gimignano. I do not know how they were able to squeeze all that we did in three weeks. George arrived to join me three days before the ARTIS program ended. As soon as school was over and my classmates were off to the United States, our adventure through Italy began. We hit Pisa, Genoa, Verona, Venice, Bologna, Rimini, San Marino, Salerno and Rome. I will write all about our 2 week backpacking adventure when I am finally over this silly jet lag.

No comments: