Translate

Saturday, August 30, 2014

The End is Near & Adulthood is Almost Here




Let's go back 3 months...




I was excited when I managed to get the summer completely off, meaning no summer school for me. I thought, wow I have 101 days off, yes I counted! I figured that I had so much time to do the many things I wanted to do and never have time to do. At first it all seemed true and it was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! 









When things are too good to be true they usually are. So life happened, between taking care of the house, trying to re coop and spend time with the husband, all my time was being eaten up. Then hubby got a fire under his butt and decided TIME TO SELL HOUSE, and that is what my summer became. Looking at a million model homes, packing, cleaning, and donating. My house looks like a tornado hit it and then another one hit it again and left a bunch of boxes behind. I thought if I'm lucky I could be done packing before my last semester of college begins.


This was just a quick list I made, supposedly to start my summer

WRONG!!! We haven't even met with our Realtor because the house is a mess. School is now in session since this Monday. Of course I left a hard course until my senior year. So between packing, creating art for my Senior Show I have sooooo much to read. Its OK, I'm Super Woman, No big deal!

To top everything off, there was no Anderson vacation this summer. Hubby has just started a new job this year and didn't want to take time off. We did take a few road trips, close, 3 day weekends so I guess those count. Then with the decision of moving and buying new home there was no vacation. One will be welcomed very soon, actually it is very needed for the both of us!



In NOLA


Hubby with his Mom in the caverns

Now its time to finish packing and get this house sold. I need to concentrate on my core class all while creating some of my best art work for my Senior Art Show. I'm super inspired but with most of my art supplies packed in boxes and big canvases in storage I'm feeling a tiny bit frustrated. I will work smaller and make it work!



With My ΦM Little Sister on her graduation.
 If I wouldn't have switched majors
 that would have been me too.

Graduation is getting near and I've got those antsy butterflies in my stomach. The ones you get when you are happy and nervous at the same time. I'm more than ready to be done with books and assignments but I'm not ready to leave the people & things I have come accustomed to with school. I keep thinking I'm going to be an ADULT, although I know I am an adult and have been one for awhile. Everything up to this point was more of a practice run. Trying to be an adult and come December 2014, I will go LIVE adult mode. 



A sister's wedding

Everyone laughs at me when I speak of this, but in my mind it is completely serious. Nothing will change physically, but I know within me it will. It will be a different mentality, the one that thinks more about the future rather than the now. The one that will want to spend more time with my husband & family rather than go to a pep rally. I can lie and say that wont happen, and that I will continue to go to school and see what my ex classmates are up to, but I know that is all talk everyone says right before they graduate. They all say they will keep in touch and they don't. I keep my closest friends in mind and I hope to keep feeding those friendships and vise versa.


Being silly with my studio mate


My Sorority Family
One of first friends in college & now my sister


Art department winners

Well this is life, I have 4 months till graduation. Hope that the moving process goes smooth and that we love our new home much more than we like this house. There are so many new adventures to seek out and I have to remember that just because one chapter ends doesn't mean there is not more to the book. 




My little brothers in the art department

No comments: