Translate

Monday, September 24, 2012

Our Sugar Land Magazine Summer

#21. Painting with a Twist... Ready to paint

A few weeks ago I posted the link to the 101 things to do this summer that Sugar Land Magazine put out. My summer was so short because I had summer school, and by the time that was over, I was enrolling to transfer to Houston Baptist University. I did make an attempt at that list; sadly there was no way to complete it all. The attempt was made, and that is what is important. Being newly weds we try to go on a date every chance we get, and Sugar Land had several romantic places for us.




#21. Painting with a Twist... With the studio manager


On top of my list to do was Painting with a Twist. (Don't judge me for not going before) I'm hooked now! Bren Morgan is the Studio Manager and she is so much fun. She is an active artist and part time comedian. Only kidding, she is funny and puts on some good music to go with the painting and wine.I took the Hubby with me, for the Moonlit Couples night. (they have a huge selection on the calendar) The Hubby never knows what to expect when I take him to try things, he just goes with the flow. Guess what, he loved it! He is very proud of his painting too, and he has never painted before. He does want to go back. It was a very relaxing and fun activity for us to do.




#21. Painting with a Twist...Sign your masterpiece


It was very easy to set up your adventure to Painting with a Twist. You go online to their website, look at their calendar for events, reserve online the event you choose and voila. If you are like me you get there a little early to meet Bren, you get to pick your seat, unpack your wine (since you can bring food and wine) then you Check In on Facebook (you get your PWT card double punched if you do) and get ready to have fun and make some friends!


***Disclosure: Fee waived for this post. No monetary exchange took place. All my own honest opinions. 




#21. Painting with a Twist... Our finished project


#37. Selling my old books at Half Price Books


#76. Mochito at Pawm Springs Dog Park


By now you know that the Hubby LOVES to eat. This is how we ended up with Another Time Soda Fountain. Although they have good food, its an overall deal with them. The place is nostalgic with pictures and small things that make you think of the past. We took our nephew there for an early birthday surprise. Let me tell you that its 100% kid approved! They give them colors and a drawing to color. He was happy, until the chicken tenders arrived, a full plate that he shared with me. We made our nephew close his eyes, and when he opened them there was a HUGE banana split in front of him. He didn't hesitate, he grabbed a spoon and attacked. (we helped him eat it of course)


#24. Another Time Soda Fountain


#19. Counting turtles at Oyster Creek Park


#6.Took my Big Kid to Sugar Land Memorial Park with some breakfast


#9. Shopping at the Sugar Land Farmers Market

One activity that was loads of fun was the Houston Hot Sauce Festival that took place September 15th at the Stafford Center. This was our first time attending, and it wont be the last! I can barely eat spicy, I would claim that to my Guatemalan roots, but that's a lie, Chapines eat spicy food.

#50. Houston's Hot Sauce Festival
Super long line!



#50. Houston's Hot Sauce Festival

The Husband was so excited about this event, he was counting down the days. He was supposed to be my photographer/hot sauce taster, well he ended up only being tester. Yet it was an all day event and very fun. They had contests, food, and live music. Oh they sold milk everywhere I thought that was cute, because my hubby swore it didn't help.



#50. Houston's Hot Sauce Festival


#50. Houston's Hot Sauce Festival

After all day of talking to all the owners of HOT sauces, the husband tasting the many flavors, and me photographing I had to say we were tired. I was so surprised my husband wasn't sick the next day, he ate some really spicy, I mean 5 alarm hot sauces! I know my husband will be out of his HOT sauce that we voted the best in the festival soon. (which I will post shortly) He is adding it to everything, even though his eyes water every time he eats it.

***Disclosure: Fee waived for this post. No monetary exchange took place. All my own honest opinions. 

#50. Houston's Hot Sauce Festival
The only thing I ate was pickled jalapenos!

#50. Houston's Hot Sauce Festival
#58. Enjoying Dinner Date in
Sugar Land Town Square

#84. Enjoyed live music at
Sugar Land Town Square

I promised myself that Summer 2013 I will be able to do more things on the list! If only the days were longer then I could have maybe completed 101 things to do on that list. Maybe....

No comments: